Good to know....
Apartments are a great solution for families with kids, parties of several people and -in general – when you spend more than a couple of days in town and you really want to experience the local life. This way you can even save a bit (especially if you waive a very central location) or bargain the best value for your money renting a flat (we all live in flats in Rome, forget that wonderful private villa you booked once in Tuscany!) in an historical building overlooking a charming narrow street of the Renaissance district.
There are many good companies specialising in the short-let business, we just recommend the “locally based”, as they have the chance to help you out in case of need and they test the apartments on a regular basis. But we also have some friends renting their own properties without intermediation of a company. This option gives you less chances of finding the flat available on the chosen date, but better deals if you are lucky. Here they are:
- In Rome in love in bike: Marzia and Tony started this adventure with passion in the dramatic year of Covid-19 and never lost their enthusiasm. They welcome you in a bright apartment in the modern side of Trastevere, well connected to the centre by train and tram (n°8), but they will pass on you their love for exploring the city on two wheels (and we totally agree!). The apartment has just been renovated, is quiet and large. Baby and pet friendly.
- Simon’s Suite: a 40 sq. mt. apartment suitable for 2 persons. If necessary, an additional bed is also available in a mezzanine. Recently renovated, it includes a fully equipped kitchen, independent heating and air conditioning, DSL connection. Location is in the city center, close to Termini railway station where you can easily find public transport and airport connection.
- La Cupola Sottosopra: 100 sq.mt. apartment where your windows frame the dome of St. Peter’s, from where you might occasionally spot the Pope himself leaving the Vatican city! Elegant refurbishment, air-conditioned, supplied with WI-FI and modern comfort in the 3 sleeping rooms (2 bathrooms). It is located at the first floor of a building with no elevator.
- Elizabeth House: on the second floor of a charming building dating back to the year 1900, in the Esquilino area (Piazza Vittorio) where a metro station is located. The apartment has 2 large and bright bedrooms, a living, with sofa bed and a fully equipped kitchen is at your disposal.
- Casa dell’Arco: lovely apartment located in the very city center of Rome, at a few steps from Piazza Navona, the Pantheon and Campo de Fiori.The apartment has his own independent entrance (24 steps from the street level), and it is composed by a bright and large living room plus the air conditioned master bedroom
- Casa di Tilla: located in a residential, elegant, quite and safe neighborhood. It’s a 10′ walk from the metro station (Lepanto, Line A) and walking distance from the Vatican Museums, Auditorium for the best music events in town, and the Maxxi Museum of contemporary art. The apartment is composed of 2 bedrooms, 1,5 bathrooms, a large living room with a sofa bed and a fully equipped kitchen.
- Cavour Street 166 Luxury House: a newly renovated apartment on the first floor of a period building, walking distance from the Colosseum, in the characteristic Monti district. It can accommodate 6 to 8 people with 3 bedrooms, a living room, fully equipped kitchen and large bathroom. Air conditioning and all the comfort you expect to enjoy your holiday are provided, but especially the help of 2 great hosts, Pier and Andrea.
- Argentina: lovely one- bedroom-apartment offering self check-in service with the doorman, an amazing location between Campo dei Fiori and the Pantheon and a charming view over the roofs of Rome! Fully equipped kitchen, bright elegant rooms and a super host (Chiara) are the plus!
- Casa di Cosimo: quiet and bright accommodation on the attic floor of a typical roman apartment, just next to Piazza Cavour, A line metro at hand and walking distance to Vatican, Castel Sant’Angelo and Piazza del Popolo. Sparkling clean, fully equipped and with the welcoming check-in by super host Chiara.
- Casa Aurora: a 2 bedroom apartment near Villa Borghese, our “Central Park”, a very elegant area of Rome close to the Spanish Steps. Attention to details, the quiet environment and the great care of the hosts Chiara and Arianna make this choice a very smart one!
- Estrosa abitazione d’artista: walking distance from the Colosseum, bright and cozy. The highlight are the spacious terrace, a “summer living room” and the kindness of the hosts Andrea and Pierpaolo.
- Villari Studio: walking distance from the Colosseum, this bright one-bedroom apartment enjoys a pleasant terrace overlooking the roofs of Rome. Andrea and Pierpaolo are the welcoming hosts of this sparkling clean studio
- Marta’s Flat: located in Monti ‘hood, walking distance from Colosseum and Roman Forum, this colourful quiet apartment with independent access can house up to 4 people and grants a great value for money. The welcoming attitude of the expert host Claudia is the plus which makes the difference.
- Alberico II street Vaticano: an intimate apartment up to 4 people, walking distance from st. Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican Museums. On two floors.
- My amazing Borgo Pio terrace: a cozy apartment for two with a spacious terrace on the 4th floor of a traditional Roman building (provided with lift) few steps from st. Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican Museums.
- Rhome Suite Colosseo: perfect for a couple or a family with young children, in fact it is a “family friendly” apartment with all equipments you might need if you travel with a baby. Elegantly refurbished and walking distance from the Colosseo.
- Tasso street: a large apartment catering up 9 people with 2 shared bathrooms and a small but fully equipped kitchen+ separate dining room. You can reach the Colosseum in 10′ walking and you are just next to the basilica of St. John’s, the Museum of Liberation and Metro A “Manzoni” station.
- La Petite Sissi: in Vatican area and near a Metro A line stop (Cipro), this 40 square meter apartment is perfect for a couple (its possible to add a cot) and managed by our friends of “In Rome in love in bike”.
Go back to “Sleeping in Rome” section.