Good to know....
Hotels in Rome range from humble “pensione” (a simple boarding house) to top-end properties in historical buildings and rates vary a lot accordingly. Rates usually lower significantly during the winter months (from November to March). Always check for special promotions and look for the facilities you really need (for instance a car park or the air-conditioning) and the kindness of the staff (which is what makes the difference when you are in a foreign country and you might need assistance. In fact this is the main reason to chose an hotel instead of an alternative accommodation: a reliable 24 hr service at your disposal!)
- Hotel Lancelot : a great location (few steps from the Colosseum) and a real “family-run hotel” atmosphere.
- Hotel Santa Maria: in the charming frame of the picturesque neighbourhood called Trastevere, this small hotel offers a cozy quiet atmosphere. Free wifi and bikes for guests. And breakfast is served in a pleasant orange tree garden!
- Residenza Canali : the charme of an historical building just around the corner of the notorious Piazza Navona. Only 10 rooms on four floors (be careful, there is no elevator!)
- Albergo Cesàri: overlooking one of our favorite squares, Piazza di Pietra, and boasting a great terrace where breakfast is served.
- Internazionale Domus: prestigious suites (and also some apartments) overlooking the Spanish Steps, boasting frescoed ceilings and antique furniture, next to all modern services.
- Hotel Ponte Sisto: a former convent still preserving its enchanting patio, completely refurbished with all the modern facilities. A few steps from Campo de’ Fiori, Trastevere and the romantic Via Giulia.
- Villa Spalletti Trivelli: gorgeous atmosphere in this “palazzo” still refurbished with genuine antiques. Just twelve elegant rooms, a silent garden, an exclusive wellness centre … perfect for an unforgettable stay!
Go back to “Sleeping in Rome” section