Good to know....
Hotels in Rome range from humble pensione (a simple boarding house) to top-end properties in historical buildings and rates vary a lot. Rates usually lower significantly during the winter months (from November to March, excluding Christmas period). Always check for special promotions and look for the facilities you really need (for instance a car park or the air-conditioning) and the kindness of the staff (which is what makes the difference when you are in a foreign country and you might need assistance. In fact this is the main reason to chose an hotel instead of an alternative accommodation: a reliable 24 hr service at your disposal!)
- Albergo Cesàri: overlooking one of our favorite squares, Piazza di Pietra, and boasting a great terrace where breakfast is served.
- Albergo Etico: the first hotel 100% no- profit in town and primarily staffed by personnel with disabilities. Reconverting a former convent, it has a convenient location very close to Villa Borghese, Piazza del Popolo, Via Del Corso and the A line metro stop Flaminio. The courtyard is a nice and quiet location for a sunset drink.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Rome Monti: brand new hotel overlooking the basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, a pleasant roof top terrace with view, a convenient location between Termini station, Metro A Repubblica and the cozy district of Monti. And their cookies are phenomenal!
- Internazionale Domus: prestigious suites (and also some apartments) overlooking the Spanish Steps, boasting frescoed ceilings and antique furniture, next to all modern comforts
- Hotel Lancelot : a great location (few steps from the Colosseum) and a real “family-run hotel” atmosphere.
- Hotel Ponte Sisto: a former convent still preserving its enchanting patio, completely refurbished with all the modern facilities. A few steps from Campo de’ Fiori, Trastevere and the romantic Via Giulia.
- Hotel Santa Maria: in the charming frame of the picturesque neighbourhood called Trastevere, this small hotel offers a cozy quiet atmosphere. Free wifi and bikes for guests. And breakfast is served in a pleasant orange tree garden!
- Villa Spalletti Trivelli: gorgeous atmosphere in this “palazzo” still refurbished with genuine antiques. Just twelve elegant rooms, a silent garden, an exclusive wellness centre … perfect for an unforgettable stay!
Go back to “Sleeping in Rome” section