Good to know....
Under the concept of “Bed and Breakfast” you can expect many different experiences, from the original idea of sharing your time and space with a local family (this does not happen often in Rome) to a sort of small hotel where you will be checked in, provided for keys and be free to move about until your departure.
The number of authorised B&B is growing every next day, here you have a few suggestions:
- Bed & Breakfast Association of Rome: this is a network of B&Bs and apartments, just focusing on Rome’s accommodation, which ensure you they have a dirct control and recurrent quality check on the listed partners. Booking through a network would save you a lot of time, especially in high season, because they will be able to offer alternative solutions if your selected property is fully booked.
- Mok’house B&B: Great location in cozy Monti area, walking distance to main train/metro/bus terminal, restaurants and pubs, independent shops and only 15′ away from the Colosseum. Two welcoming hosts, Marco and Claudia, will be at your disposal with a level of professionalism you usually cannot find in a B&B, and this will make a great difference, trust us. Be aware there is no elevator (rooms are located at the 4th floor of an historical charming apartment, therefore you’ll feel entitled to eat all pasta and gelato you wish!). And what a pleasant terrace!
- Angelina’s Home: five romantic rooms located in Piazza Cavour, mid way between the Vatican and Piazza del Popolo, close to Lepanto metro station. Intimate atmosphere, stylish decor and all modern comforts. And if you prefer the trendy district of Testaccio and a self-catering apartment, ask for their “La Corte”.
- Day by Day B&B: perfect location a few steps from the Vatican, Piazza del Popolo and two metro stops. But above all, a warm welcome from Tiziana who will pamper you during your stay!
- Guest House Arco dei Tolomei: nestled in the heart of medieval Trastevere, the guest house has been lovely restored preserving the charme of the bygone days. Breakfast is served in an elegant dining room with fresh specialties every day.
- Buonanotte Garibaldi: luxurious guest house in the fascinating district of Trastevere, with a charming patio, an elegant living room and dining room at your disposal, refined bedrooms in a oasis of peace.
- Nicolas Inn: a stone’s throw from the Colosseum and the Roman Forum. Four elegant rooms and two apartment suites with all facilities and WI FI service
- Best B&B Pantheon: bright spacious rooms right in the hearth of Rome, few metres from the Pantheon and Piazza Venezia. All rooms are tastefully decorated and have the ensuite bathroom. Breakfast is served in your room.
- Casale Altavilla: a quiet villa 4 km away from St. Peter’s basilica, enjoying a pleasant garden with private pool! If you reach Rome by car, this is perfect for you: free parking and a cheap corner of paradise.
Go back to “Sleeping in Rome” section.