Good to know....
Under the concept of “Bed and Breakfast” you can expect many different experiences, from the original idea of sharing your time and space with a local family (this does not happen often in Rome) to a sort of small hotel where you will be checked in, provided for keys and be free to move around until your departure.
The number of authorised B&B is growing every next day, here you have a few reliable suggestions:
- Angelina’s Home: five romantic rooms located in Piazza Cavour, mid way between the Vatican and Piazza del Popolo, close to Lepanto metro station. Intimate atmosphere, stylish decor and all modern comforts. And if you prefer the trendy district of Testaccio and a self-catering apartment, ask for their “La Corte”.
- Day by Day B&B: perfect location a few steps from the Vatican, Piazza del Popolo and two metro stops. But above all, a warm welcome from Tiziana who will pamper you during your stay!
- Guest House Arco dei Tolomei: nestled in the heart of medieval Trastevere, the guest house has been lovely restored preserving the charme of the bygone days. Breakfast is served in an elegant dining room with fresh specialties every day.
- Buonanotte Garibaldi: luxurious guest house in the fascinating district of Trastevere, with a charming patio, an elegant living room and dining room at your disposal, refined bedrooms in a oasis of peace.
- B&B della Mamma: located just behind Villa Torlonia Park and 500 mt from Bologna and Policlinico Metro B stations, this B&B has been renovated in 2017 and features a cozy garden, five double and one single rooms, each one with its own bathroom and comfort. The hospitality service of this B&B is a social experiment, helping young mothers to become responsible and independent (at present the house hosts six mothers, from ages 15 to 23, with their children) by managing all the daily aspects of the house, while they follow a qualified training path that will be useful later in life
- Lombardia40 Luxury Suites: next to the elegant via Veneto and walking distance from the Spanish Steps and all major attractions, this guest house offers 6 independent and spacious rooms with en suite bathrooms. All modern facilities, bright spaces and a cafeteria corner at your disposal. Breakfast served at a local cafe nearby, to feel like a Roman.
- Il Tempio della Capitale: if you look for a central location and spacious rooms, this is the place for you, in the former Jewish Ghetto, just next to the “temple” of the Jewish community (also a museum) and many restaurants. Good value for money!
Go back to “Sleeping in Rome” section.