Good to know....
Apartments are a great solution for families with kids, parties of several people and in general when you spend more than a couple of days in town and you really want to experience the local life. This way you can even save a bit (especially if you waive a very central location) or bargain the best value for your money renting a flat (we all live in flats in Rome, forget that wonderful private villa you booked once in Tuscany!) in an historical building overlooking a charming narrow street of the Renaissance district.
There are many good companies specializing in the short-let business, we just recommend the “locally based”, as they have the chance to help you out in case of need and they test the apartments on a regular basis. We personally know the founders of the B&B Association of Rome (specialising in both BB and apartments) and RomePower.
But we also have some friends renting their own property without intermediation of a company. This option lets you less chances of finding the flat available on the chosen date, but better deals if you are lucky. Here they are:
- Mok’house Apartments: located in the Monti neighborhood, 15 minutes away from Colosseum and well connected by metro and buses to everywhere, these two apartments are fully equipped as you can check by visiting their detailed website. But their strength is a great welcoming service provided by dedicated professional staff and the opportunity to rent the whole building for large parties. Be aware there is no elevator and the apartments are located at the 1st and 2nd floor.
- Simon’s Suite: a 40 sq. mt. apartment suitable for 2 persons. If necessary, an additional bed is also available in a mezzanine. Recently renovated, it includes a fully equipped kitchen, independent heating and air conditioning, DSL connection. Location is in the city center, close to Termini railway station where you can easily find public transport and airport connection.
- Cecco’s Inn is a 2 bedroom apartment with air-conditioning, available for up to 4 guests. It is a bright apartment not far from the A line metro stop Re di Roma and Tuscolana train station (connecting to Fiumicino airport and the Vatican city). It is a great value-for-money solution!
- Crescenzio Suites is composed of two elegant independent suites which can also be rented for its full capacity (up to 7 guests). It is located in the area of the Vatican City and walking distance from all major attractions. A mini-kitchen is at your complete disposal in each suite, which is also provided with free WI-FI service and air conditioning.
- La Cupola Sottosopra: 100 sq.mt. apartment where your windows frame the dome of St. Peter’s, from where you might occasionally spot the Pope himself leaving the Vatican city! Elegant refurbishment, air-conditioned, supplied with WI-FI and modern comfort in the 3 sleeping rooms (2 bathrooms). It is located at the first floor of a building with no elevator.
- Elizabeth House: on the second floor of a charming building dating back to the year 1900, in the Esquilino area (Piazza Vittorio) where a metro station is located. The apartment has 2 large and bright bedrooms, a living, with sofa bed and a fully equipped kitchen is at your disposal.
- Casa dell’Arco: lovely apartment located in the very city center of Rome, at a few steps from Piazza Navona, the Pantheon and Campo de Fiori.The apartment has his own independent entrance (24 steps from the street level), and it is composed by a bright and large living room plus the air conditioned master bedroom
- Casa di Tilla: located in a residential, elegant, quite and safe neighborhood. It’s a 10′ walk from the metro station (Lepanto, Line A) and walking distance from the Vatican Museums, Auditorium for the best music events in town, and the Maxxi Museum of contemporary art. The apartment is composed of 2 bedrooms, 1,5 bathrooms, a large living room with a sofa bed and a fully equipped kitchen.
- Al Cinque: 5-minute walk from Rome’s Cavour Metro Station and the Colosseum is a 15-minute walk away while Termini Train and Metro Station is a 10-minute walk away. This a fully equipped apartment with air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi and in the kitchen you’ll find a microwave, dishwasher and the washing machine. Great service provided by your two hosts Claudia and Daniela who had lived in the apartment for years, still live around the corner and know the area as their pockets!
Go back to “Sleeping in Rome” section.