Good to know....
Italy is not just soccer (“calcio”), many sports are practiced and supported in our country and international events are annually organised in Rome. Just a little list of ideas:
- soccer: matches of the A league (“campionato”) generally take place during the weekends from September to May and local teams are A.S, Roma and S.S. Lazio. They both play at the Olympic stadium (BTW, we arrange a tour of the area, send us a message if you want more infos) and you can buy tickets following the link above
- rugby: Italy plays in the Six Nations tournament and matches usually take place in February/March at the Olympic stadium. Follow the calendar in the link above.
- tennis: the Internazionali d’Italia are scheduled for May at the Foro Italico and they are becoming more important year after year
- athletic: Golden Gala is the annual track and field event normally held in June at the Olympic Stadium. Previously one of the IAAF Golden League events, it is now part of the Diamond League. Rome hosts also an important city marathon usually happening in March.
- golf: in September/October 2023 Rome will host the famous Ryder Cup and tickets are on sale here.
Are there other sport events you want to recommend? Please, let us know and we will improve this list!