Good to know....
[revised December 2021]
When you plan a trip to Rome, you might need the following links:
- Trains: fast trains connect easily the main cities of Italy. Just two companies i.e. Trenitalia and Italo. You usually get better deals buying tickets in advance.
- Bus/Metro in Rome is provided by a public company called ATAC. Here you’ll find the map of the lines in the city centre. We know, it’s not easy! There are 1-day, 3-day and 1-week-passes on sale at newsstands, metro stations and tobacco shops.
- Transfers by private car: you can contact our friend Alfredo (email@example.com) or Easy Trips Roma
- Bags: if you need to transport heavy luggage in town or to store your bags after check-out Bounce, Kibag, Rome Left Luggage, Stasher or Stow your bags can provide a useful service.
- Public toilets: finding public toilets in Rome is not easy. Here is a map of the recently launched P.Stop points where you find toilets (accessible to wheelchairs), info points, free wifi, water dispenser and the Roma Pass sale point. Our suggestion is to use restrooms when visiting museums, before leaving a restaurant, or any time you stop by a coffee-bar.
- Baby equipment rental (strollers, car seats, travel cots…). Also the shop in Trastevere called “Moms and Kids” offer this service.
- An english speaking doctor on demand 24/7 to your hotel or apartment with MedinAction
- Do not forget to check our page of links if you travel to other destinations in Italy.